Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Hope




Before you knew me I was there
Waiting for you to become aware
Of the message I had to share with you
That spoke of love, and hope and all things true

I have walked by your side holding your hands
Watching you grow into loyal fans
Smiling as you danced to Billie Jean
More loving hearts I have never seen

Together we grew into a beautiful tree
Watered by love for the world to see
Its branches grew, giving comfort and shade
A haven of peace so joyfully made

And when the world tried to tear me down
Just when I thought there was no-one around
You held my hand and stood by my side
With love, honor and so much pride

When my spirits fell through other’s blame
Yours lifted me up above the pain
And all could see that I was not alone
Your love for me was clearly shown

Through all these years we have been together
Believing that it would last forever
Until one day I heard my name being called
And I could not deny the voice of our Lord

I was pulled towards his loving arms
With joy and sadness walking arm in arm
From this Earth it was hard to depart
For behind me I would leave your broken hearts

Your tears rain down upon this place
As my absence from life you try to face
Please know I’m not that far from you at all
Really all you need to do is call

I promised that we would never part
Believe those words with all your heart
I am with you now and in each new day
Look for my star to guide your way

You surround my heart on David’s canvas
Bringing me hope and so much gladness
That what I stood for will never die
Even if some still dare to try

So spread my message in all you do
And water our tree with love and truth
Find your strength through God’s loving grace
And make this world a better place
I Loved You First
© Valmai Owens, 2009. All Rights Reserved.
No reproduction without permission from author.

No comments:

Post a Comment